Have you had an experience similar to mine and have been “diagnosed” with one of, if not the full gamut of, several gut-related conditions?
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO)
- Candida (hello yeast infections)
- Leaky Gut (often comes along with food sensitivities
- Gut Dysbiosis
- Acid Reflux or GERD
And those are just to name a few!
I dealt with it all for 20+ YEARS!
Not a single general practitioner, infectious disease specialist, or gastroenterologist in the mainstream medical system brought up any of the root causes (that I share below) as potential variables for my gut issues. Not one.
Some claimed that my gut problems were probably just “genetic” because several of my other family members had gut issues. Dad has IBS so it’s “normal” for me to deal with it too?
[Insert permanent eye roll here].
What’s crazy is that, when several family members deal with the same symptoms, most practitioners will default to the “it’s just genetic” response. Never was it considered that maybe numerous family members would experience similar symptoms and be diagnosed with similar conditions because they have common toxic exposures or other lifestyle and environmental factors that manifest as similar health challenges.
The mainstream medical system isn’t talking about how using the same toxic household products, drinking the same toxic tap water, eating the same foods drenched in glyphosate and pesticides, having the same stress management techniques (or lack thereof) and refusing to resolve generational trauma, etc can all be at the root of what appear to be “genetic” issues. I have another blog on epigenetics and how those variables influence your genes HERE.
But if it wasn’t the “genetics” response that practitioners were feeding me, it’s like they didn’t give me any reasoning at all! buThey quickly gave me some type of over-the-counter medication, resorting to the easy one-size-fits-all strategy based on a pill for every ill.
Name it, blame it, and tame it, as they say….
Slamming Kaopectate, Imodium, Tums, Gaviscon, Nexium, and making sure that I knew where the closest bathroom was the only “solution” presented by all the doctors I paid my time, money, and energy to in the conventional medicine space
Even in my beginning years in the functional medicine space, I’d receive a diagnosis of SIBO or Leaky gut, but we never REALLY got to the root of WHY my small intestinal bacteria were even overgrown, or WHY my gut was leaky, or WHY the candida / yeast infections continued to be a problem despite treatment.
That’s what keeps us STUCK. Can you relate? Getting a diagnosis but still never getting to the root of the issue?
I’m here to extend a virtual hug and remind you that you do NOT have to live this way. I pray that you can leverage my decades of personal experience, research, testing, constantly digging deeper to trust in the fact that this does not have to be your fate. You do not just need to “accept” your gut issues.
Below are 5 major examples of root causes to gut issues that most practitioners will never talk about. By no means is this an exhaustive list! But this will give you initial insight regarding some of the many root cause variables at play!
5 Root Causes Linked To Gut Issues like IBS, SIBO, Leaky Gut, & More!
- Glyphosate. A widely used pesticide/herbicide that kills more than just weeds. It’s the key ingredient in weedkillers like Roundup and many lawn and garden treatments. It is linked to gut permeability, gut dysbiosis, Celiac disease, anxiety, cramps, diarrhea, cancer, and countless other health issues. And they’re spraying it right on our food. It is commonly found in any food that contains GMOs, high fructose corn syrup, corn, soy, etc. But fruits, veggies, grains and conventional meats and dairy can be filled with it too (This is a huge reason I urge clients to buy organic as much as possible). It gets in our water supply. It ends up in our personal care products like tampons or anything containing cotton.
- Mercury. And other heavy metals can cause intestinal microbial disorders, abnormal metabolite production, tight junction damage (hello leaky gut), and immune responses in the gut. On top of that mood swings, depression, mental health challenges, balance issues, insomnia, etc are also some top signs of mercury in your body.
- Mycotoxins. These are toxic compounds that mold releases! Mycotoxins can often be found in corn, nuts, barley, rice, and even in most coffees and wines! You can also get exposure from living in a water damaged building that’s been contaminated with mold. Mycotoxins can cause perturbation in the gut, particularly in the intestinal epithelial (ruins the integrity of the gut). Other symptoms of mycotoxins can include: chronic fatigue and headaches, itchy and painful skin rashes, anxiety, autoimmune diseases, neurological issues, and suppressed immune function.
- BPA. Bisphenol A is mostly found in plastics (think: water bottles, Tupperware, home water pipes, ziploc bags, saran wrap, etc.). It activates the innate immune response by inducing oxidative stress, which leads to the damaging or killing of healthy cells — ultimately disrupting the intestinal barrier function.
- Chronic and acute stress. During times of stress, corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) is released from the hypothalamus— your body’s smart control coordinating center that influences your autonomic nervous system and hormones! It then disrupts the gastrointestinal (GI) system and leads to gut microbiota dysbiosis (your body’s gut barrier) that can negatively impact your immune system and metabolism (weight loss functionality).
This will increase the risk of functional gastrointestinal diseases, such as irritable bowel syndrome. CRF also increases oxidative damage to the colon and triggers immune responses involving mast cells, neutrophils (your body’s first line of immune system defense), and monocytes (your body’s natural ability to destroy germs, viruses, bacteria, etc.).
To learn more and dive into some content that more deeply addresses some of these primary topics, check out my Instagram Highlight Bubbles on:
But if you’re ready and committed to accelerating the process of identifying and address YOUR root causes, the Root Cause Detox Clinic is an incredible next step.
This if for the person who is looking for a step-by-step detox roadmap, teaching you exactly how to identify and address the root causes of YOUR health challenges, helping you learn how to mitigate toxicity in your lifestyle and environment, guiding you through the process of executing a full spectrum detoxes, specialty detoxes, and more. Learn how to address root causes like heavy metals, mold, parasites, environmental toxins and countless others that are wreaking havoc on your gut. This is 10+ years of personal experience and practitioner education conveniently bundled together for your so that it doesn’t take you over a decade to heal like it did me. THIS is your blueprint. THIS is your roadmap. THIS is your toolbox that you’ll be able to leverage instantly, and for years to come.
I’m so excited for you to finally get the clarity and direction you’ve been looking for. I can’t wait to see you inside.
Rooting for you, always.