If you haven’t watched/read Part 1 of 2 of my Obesogens sequence, make sure you check it out!
But here, we dive into PART 2 of Obesogens and how these natural and chemical compounds that you and your family come in contact with on a DAILY BASIS are affecting your body’s ability to lose weight, keep balanced hormones, maintain good energy levels, and more!
In Part 1, we covered Pesticides, BPA, PFOA, and Pthalates. In Part 2, we dive into 5 more categories of Obesegens that you MUST look out for!
- Phytoestrogens – produced naturally in plants, mainly soy! Solution? Avoid consumption of foods containing soy such as that found in protein powders, protein bars, and many processed foods
- Mercury – found in farm-raised fish, high fructose corn syrup, and canned foods! Solution? Avoid consumption of these products!
- Organotins – artificial chemicals like TBT that are used for industrial purposes such as TBT being used as a fungicide on ships. Are you eating ships? No, but these chemicals are getting in your water! Solution? Get a water filter for your house!
- Nonylphenols – used as surfactants in many cleaning products! Solution? Check for ingredients that fall in the nonylphenol family on your product labels!
- PBDEs – compounds used as flame retardants that are found in furniture, building materials, vehicles, upholstery, mattresses, carpets, etc. Solution? Incorporate as many of these materials into your household that are PBDE-FREE!!!