Who Wants Chocolate For Breakfast?!
Do I have your attention? Good! I thought that would help get this moving in the right direction.
Have you ever wondered what you could eat for breakfast that tastes good AND is actually healthy? You very well maybe be sitting there thinking to yourself, “Yes Allyssa, I have. But Chocolate?! C’monnnnnnnn”. I know, I know. But I promise you want to hear me out! I’ve yet to let you down and I’m not going to start now.
With so many breakfast options and endless opinions of what you should choose to break your fast, how do you possibly know how to make the right choice?! If you’re anything like me, there are countless mornings where you barely have enough time to sit down and pee. Let alone cook up an elaborate breakfast concoction. This smoothie recipe is perfect for you, Super Mom. Even better news, it’s only six ingredients, with chocolate being one of them of course. This is just ONE of the countless delicious recipes I provide for you in my 7 DAY RESET program!
What you eat in the morning (or afternoon if you incorporate intermittent fasting) has a HUGE effect on the rest of your day, your energy level, mood, and ESPECIALLY you hunger levels! Ladies, we tend to be even more sensitive to blood sugar and insulin dips and spikes, (HANGRY MUCH?). This smoothie recipe is exactly what you need to help control cravings, keep you full, keep you focused, and keep those hormones balanced!
Okay, let’s get to the fun part… THE RECIPE!!!
- 1 handful organic spinach (spinach is high on the dirty dozen list, always look for organic spinach. If you can’t find it fresh, check the freezer section. You can usually find it pretty cheap)
- ½ avocado (you can also find these frozen, which is what I do since mine ALWAYS go bad before I eat
- 1-2 TBSP Cacao Powder, NOT mini chocolate chips (sorry) Look for Raw Organic Dark Chocolate
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice (my favorites are PhysIQ Whey Protein or Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth protein depending on which I’m in the mood for)
- 1 cup nut milk of your choice or water (water or unsweetened vanilla almond milk are my preferences)
- 3-4 ice cubes if desired.
***Note- if using frozen avocado and spinach, you may not need as much ice***
Blend in the blender and ENJOY!
Many smoothies can also be made ahead of time! I have several clients who like to make their shakes the night before, freeze them, then thaw them in the morning!
Another option is to whip up your shake and simply put it into a Blender Bottle or some type of bottle/cup that contains a whisk ball! Sometimes I will just drop my whisk ball right into my blender cup, spin on the lid and out the door we go.
My final smoothie hack for today is a huge time saver! Make yourself a week’s worth of “Freezer bags” filled with your pre-portioned smoothie ingredients! Measure out your spinach, avocado and Cacao powder put in a freezer bag or container and place in the freezer. Now they are ready go, just dump, add protein, nut milk and blend.
If you want access to more biohacking recipes just like this, a detailed meal plan, and want the perfect jumpstart to reaching your goals, you HAVE to check out the 7 DAY RESET! CLICK HERE FOR ALL THE DETAILS!!!